And they stay there....
Had a great time at my school's dance tonight. Seeing all those kids dancing and having fun really made my life. It's times like these that I feel really lucky to be doing what I am doing. I'm so proud of all of them.
I love BLMS. Everyone is so supportive. I was sick, and my coteacher brought me ginger root. I was tired, and the teacher across the hall brought me coffee. I was struggling with my third period class, and my team came up with a new behavior plan to build a positive learning environment. I was healthy, and my counselor invited me out to meet her friends. I was having serious questions, and an amazing teacher helped me sort things out. I was excited about planning a field trip, and my secretary helped me get the ball rolling. I was stressed for MSA testing, and an amazing sixth grade teacher gave me pop song lyrics that he had rewritten as "MSA Pump Up" songs to sing with the students.
I was stressed, sick, tired, and agitated this week, but every minute of the day I had students doing amazing things. Some voluntarily stayed after school for extra test review, while others started studying at home with their parents. Some students became ridiculously excited in class when they finally started to understand fractions, while others made sure I was feeling okay every day. Some changed their behaviors positively, while others cheered them on. Some students danced with me tonight, while other students taught me how to dance. Some students even invented a new "insult" word and started using it in their own lives: "You are such a b-h! Hey, b-hches, listen up!" [yes, it is nerdy to use the area of a parallelogram as an insult, but they are honors students and I was proud of them].
So Go Team BLMS! LOVE YOU ALL!!!
1 comment:
Thats awesome Am. It sounds like you are really seeing the good all around you. You sure are good at that!
Sounds like you are an amazing teacher! How did you work out a field trip? Did you just decide you wanted to do one and get it to happen? Sweet!
Always enjoy reading your inspiring words. love you b-h!
Post a Comment