The road trip was fun but exhausting--at the least, I was able to spend invaluable time with Jake after not having seen him for 9 months! Also, we saw so much of the country--I had no idea that Ohio, WV, and PA were so full of trees and gorgeous!!
Since arriving in DC, everything has been happening really fast. I started more TFA training yesterday. But more importantly, I went to interview yesterday for a REAL TEACHING JOB. After driving through the city in a crazy thunderstorm, I made it to Buck Lodge Middle School in Adelphi, Maryland. I met with the principal and talked with him about the school. Then, three hours later, he offered me a job as a 7th grade math teacher!!!!
I am so excited about working at the school--it has a very diverse student population, where students from countries around the world are represented. It's population is 77% Hispanic, so I may be teaching bilingually at times. The principal is young, energetic, and excited to get students to achieve this year! I feel like it is a perfect fit for me, and I can't wait to get started there!
See you soon,
Anne Marie
1 comment:
COOL!
Post a Comment